The Pro-Life movement is so important.
But as I’ve kept up to date with the latest news about the March For Life via social media, I’ve become increasingly frustrated by the society that we live in. So many of my friends have participated in the march down in D.C., and I am so proud of all of them! But what frustrates me is how mainstream media can’t seem to provide coverage of anything more important than the proper PSI for a football. Seriously…there’s been next to no coverage of the March for Life in D.C. or any of the other Pro-Life protests going on across the country right now. Apparently numbers less than 12.5-13.5 are more infuriating than the numbers I found just by conducting a simple Google search.
So, in honor of the 42nd ‘anniversary’ of the Roe vs. Wade decision, let me share some truly infuriating stats.
As of 6:00 PM EST on January 22nd, 2015, 42 years after Roe vs. Wade:
- There have been 57,556,831 abortions in the United States since that 1973 decision.
- 64,968 abortions in the United States since 2015 began.
- 2,242 abortions in the United States *today* only.
Here’s a stat for all of those people who protested that ‘Black Lives Matter’ but also claim to be Pro-Choice:
- 17,267,051 black babies have been aborted in the United States since 1973.
Oh, don’t #BlackLivesMatter?
(Of course, #AllLivesMatter!)
It gets worse…..
As of 6:00 PM EST on January 22nd, 2015, there have been:
- 1,322,384,215 abortions worldwide since 1980.
- 2,412,200 abortions worldwide since 2015 started.
- 83,015 abortions worldwide today.
If that doesn’t make you want to toss your cookies, substitute the word ‘abortions’ with the phrase ‘babies murdered’.
Why am I Pro-Life? Here’s just a few reasons:
- “Thou shalt not kill.” -Exodus 20:13
- Doctors advised my Mama to selectively abort when they learned she was pregnant with my triplet siblings, ‘for better development or survival rate of the other(s)’. She and my father immediately rejected their advice, with the demand not to mention it again, choosing instead to let God carry out His will. Today, all three are healthy, happy 12 year olds.
- 1/3 of my peers are missing as a result of abortion.
- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” -Dr. Seuss
- This picture:
Now, I just want to clarify here: I am against the choice of abortion.
But I am not against those who have had an abortion. This is another classic case of ‘Hate the sin, not the sinner.’ I also understand that sometimes abortions happen as a result of very difficult situations, or plain ignorance. At times, it is a case of people putting too much trust and faith in their doctors, and taking ill-advice ‘just in case’.
If you are considering an abortion, for any reason, please know that there are other options out there!
Please choose LIFE, because even if you can’t give them ‘a good life’, somebody else can. Giving your child the opportunity to live their life, is the greatest gift of love you can give them. But, if you happen to be dealing with the guilt and regret of a past abortion, I encourage you to look into the program Project Rachel. Hope, healing, support, and forgiveness are there for you.
I want to remind and encourage you, that it takes all of us to push, and be a voice for the unborn. We need to push for the laws, to protect them from such horrific harm, and fight for their right to life. And we need to pray a whole lot, to accomplish that!
In closing, I wanted to share some links below. Please check them out, and if you are unable to attend the march, (like me,) use the 9DaysForLife app on your smartphone or iPod Touch! *We are nearing the end of the 9 Days for Life Movement; but we can pray for life anytime, even utilizing this app. Just disregard the dates, and pray for 9 days in a row.
http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activities/january-roe-events/nine-days-of-prayer-penance-and-pilgrimage.cfm -9DaysForLife Page on USCCB website
http://bit.ly/1uovf4S -Great article from Aleteia
http://ourcfaith.com/?p=36 -A guest post I did on Our Catholic Faith titled ‘Respect Life’.
http://liveaction.org/the-planned-parenthood-racism-project/ -#BlackLivesMatter Need I say more? I think not.
And lastly, so we can end on a good note:
http://catholicmemes.com/gif/best-prolife-gif-evaaaaaa/ -This GIF…seriously so sweet!